Top 5 tips for successful sale shopping


It’s that time of the year when all shops are coming up with discounts of their previous collections, pretty big discounts I could say. Have you ever wondered why did I bought this? You got a cute skirt with 70% discount but you have worn it only twice? Well, I admit this happened to me. You just go for something new whose price is waaay lower and you feel excited for the great bargain but afterwards you don’t wear it. I am going to show you my tips for shopping. I find them quite useful for both my wallet and my wardrobe.

 Source: Telegraph


Set a budget
When you know what to buy, you need to set a budget; that line you shouldn’t cross or you would try not to. Trust me – it is quite good strategy for your bank account.



Check what is missing in your wardrobe.
Seasons change so your wardrobe does, too.  At least one time of the year you have passed the day sorting and clearing clothes. So you should know what is missing. Probably this happened earlier, because sales are in the mid summer, but with purchases such as leather jacket, classy trench, coat or cute boots you could wait. You don’t need them during the summer.

Do some research on the web
In Bulgaria not all stores have available online shopping, so I prefer checking my favorite ones online, so I can know what to expect when I go shopping.  The problem is that you may not be lucky and they don’t have your size. However, you get the image and expected prices.


Ask yourself: Am I going to wear it?
This is my most important tip. When you try out the clothes, just think – will you wear them, do they show your style, how can you combine them for the perfect look. If you have any doubt, don’t buy them or wait a lil bit more. Don’t get again the dress and leave it in the wardrobe without wearing it at all.

Go shopping in the morning
On sales people go crazy, randomly browsing, leaving the clothes in huge messy piles. The staff cannot catch up with clearing them out and all your desire for shopping just disappears. This is the part that turns me down on it and sometimes I’d rather pay the whole price. I think I found the moment to avoid the crowds – early in the morning, when the shops open.

Finally, just enjoy it and don’t get frustrated. I hope you will be happy with your purchases and you found some of the tips useful.

Comments