5 steps to Learn English by watching video

Today I want to introduce you: How I learn English and what I do for my progress. 

First I watch video serials in English with English subtitles. There I try to practice my hearing, understanding skills. Sometimes I translate what some special words mean if I really curious. :-) I am try to focus just on
heard the words and see some phrases in real life. I use youtube - online English movies, special website for Russian English students - puzzle-english.com (you need pay some fee)

Second I try to expand my vocabulary. It is start with watching video film , continue with reading articles and books and ending with listening audio podcasts. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of practice to speak so from this source I have really just few new words. What is important: learn new vocabs, practice, and use in sentence and remember. For this things I use: my own blog (there I practice to use new vocabs and use some new words) I'm use online dictionary and for memories and practice I recommend to try: www.memorize.com (there you can add your own words and after that practice them, you can practice your own or other lessons) or for Russian students I recommend: www.lingualeo.ru - you can add and practice words, read interesting articles and watching on videos from lectures for popular program TED. 

Third I can recommend to you spend some time for grammar. It can be funny too. Grammar you can learn trough reading, watching, speaking and listening but I think it's not enough. With grammar help me a lot website: www.engvid.com there are many teachers who explain grammar rules, phrases, interesting habits and other. Try to visit and watch on the video. After video you can practice your skills in little test with 10-15 questions about lesson. 

Fourth the best way to learn is to teach and speak. I have my friend in US we sometimes write together. It helps me to more understanding English and watching how to use some words or phrases in real life. For find some friend for writing I can recommend to you www.interpals.com (you can find somebody for writing or you can help one another with exchanging language. Or you can just go to some tourists place and try to find some new friend who speak or can speak English. :-)

Fifth repeat all of the above mentioned every day and you will see the progress. Yes it's possible to speak well, yes it's possible to write correct - Just believe and do something for that every day!

Comments